Custom


Vitamin D overdose symptoms occur rarely and can be dangerous

Most people can toss out the idea that they have vitamin D overdose symptoms. It is extremely rare because it’s very difficult to overdose on this vitamin.


However, if you are one of those rare cases, it can be quite toxic and is not something to be ignored.


It can even be fatal.


Here are some of the common symptoms of vitamin D overdose:

• Nausea
• Vomiting
• Poor appetite
• Weakness and bone pain
• Abominable cramping
• Frequent urination
• Confusion
• Weight loss
• Dehydration and thirst
• Constipation
• Abnormalities in heart rhythm

If you are experiencing some of these symptoms, you need to seek professional help quickly.

Within just a few days of an overdose of vitamin D, you are put at risk of permanent kidney damage.

You may also be experiencing abnormalities in your heart rhythm which could be fatal.

Be aware also that if you don’t notice any of the above symptoms, a vitamin D overdose can be robbing calcium from your bones and eliminated it out of your body in your urine.

Your bones are weakening and you may start experiencing pain.  



You can not overdose on Vitamin D by the sun or food

You should keep in mind that it is impossible to overdose on vitamin D from the sun and there is not enough vitamin D in food to have any concern.

So don't worry about the sun, just don't over-do it!

And also, you can eat all the healthy vitamin D rich food you want!

However, consuming lots of vitamin D supplements could be a problem. I mean LOTS.

The toxic buildup caused by overdosing happens only by vitamin D supplements, when taking large mega doses. An example would be taking 50,000 IU’s a day for a few months or even larger doses for a shorter period of time.

This is more probable when supplementing with pharmaceutical, synthetic vitamins than it is with taking whole food vitamins. 

Here is one example of Vitamin D overdose:

"Twenty people in Massachusetts got vitamin D toxicity from their milk when a worker at a local dairy put way too much vitamin D into milk. Milk is normally supplemented with 100 IU vitamin D3 per cup, but the milk from this dairy had as much as 50,000 IU per cup. All of the people who came down with vitamin D toxicity after drinking this milk were heavy drinkers. Luckily everyone recovered after this mistake was corrected."
Quoted from Vitamin D for Dummies   http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/vitamin-d-overdose-symptoms-and-examples.html


The current RDA (recommended daily allowance) is only 600 IU’s for seniors over age 70 and 400 IU’s for adults aged 51 to 70.

The popular alternative Dr. Mercola tells us that adults should be getting 5000 IU’s a day to attain a healthy vitamin D level.
Ref:  http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/10/vitamin-d-experts-reveal-the-truth.aspx

 

If you are concerned about any vitamin D overdose symptoms, here’s what to do:

1.   Stop taking your supplements immediately

2.   See a health professional of your choice (medical or alternative)

3.   Have your blood checked for your vitamin D level

4.   Follow the advice of your health professional

 

 The 25-hydroxy vitamin D test is found to be the most accurate in determining how much vitamin D is in your body. Your medical doctor may or may not be familiar with this test. You may have to specify exactly what you want.

You may have a clinic that performs this test in your area. Click here to find the nearest one.

If there doesn't happen to be a clinic in your area, then Google search "25-hydroxy vitamin D test" and you will find other sources.


 

Links related to Vitamin D Overdose Symptoms:

Vitamin D Deficiency Symptoms
Vitamin D Foods
Causes of Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamin D Dosage
Vitamin D Sunlight


 

Go from Vitamin D Overdose Symptoms to Vitamin D Facts
Sun Safety











New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.





Skin Cancer Pictures

Gary's Personal Story


10 Most Frequented Skin Cancer Links

Best Vitamin Supplements
Our Cancer Stories are so Similar Mine and Gary's -by Valerie
Skin Cancer Warning Signs
Mole Cancers
Skin Cancer Survivor Stories
Five Signs of Skin Cancer
Cancerous Moles
Actual History of Skin Cancer
Types of Skin Cancer
Support Groups for Cancer
Amelanotic Melanoma
Updated July 1, 2015



"MELANOMA : “NO BIG DEAL ” IT'S JUST SKIN CANCER!

Hi! My name is Nick and I’m 56 yrs. old and this is part of my story. Let me tell you, I was like a lot of people out there and I had no idea that skin cancer was anything bad. I had Basal cell back in 2007, but that was no big deal and it was removed and that was the end of that. No one told me that it was a type of skin cancer (I looked it up on my computer). But still no big deal, it would not kill me.
But I did know the word "Melanoma"....." --by Nick

Read more of Nick's Story

Scared to Death!!! - by Shelly

Our Cancer Stories are so similar, mine and Gary's! - by Valerie  



Ready for a healthier lifestyle?  

Often you’ll need  books, kitchen utensils, a juicer and other useful equipment. 
Buying at Amazon is a convenient way to buy.
Low Prices - Often Shipping is FREE!





VitaMix - It rejuvenates me everyday! Gary




Bottom Line
The Weather Channel has done well posting this information and photos to help you spot skin cancer, including melanoma.
It can be hard to spot, even for a professional.
The bottom line is to get an expert's opinion about any suspicious mole or lesion on your skin. If necessary, get a second opinion  and/or request a biopsy. it’s always better to be safe than sorry.

Don’t put your very life at risk!