There may well be times when foods to prevent cancer will not stop you from getting the disease including skin cancer.
It may have already developed unawares to the point that it WILL present itself. Anti-cancer foods, eating whole foods can no longer prevent it from showing up.
However, don’t let that stop you from eating foods to prevent cancer. You may still be able to slow it down, keep it from spreading and hopefully even stop it completely.
There are times you may not be able to avoid some health problems, but the truth is that you actually have more control than you realize.
If you’re reading this page, I’m going to assume that you do believe already that what you eat affects your health. Eating whole foods, anti cancer foods, foods high in vitamin D or other vitamins and minerals are forming the strengths and weaknesses of your physical immune system.
You really are what you eat!
Now that you know that, I hope that you’re starting to realize that, if you are what you eat, you can no longer be putting all the toxic, chemical filled junk in your body that many of us have been accustomed to all our lives. All the enriched, overly processed food is a long distance away from what nature intended in its original form.
Simply put you should be eating whole foods in their freshest state, grown locally and organic, if possible.
Here is a general list of foods to prevent cancer.
I say “general” because it does not take into account any existing condition you may already have. If you’re aware of or just think you have a problem affecting your health, you would definitely need to consult with a holistic professional or your medical doctor. There are cases that some foods, even on the list below, should completely be eliminated from your diet, at least until improvement is shown.
Choose organic and fresh as much as possible.
• Berries – Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries
• Fruits – Apples, apricots, peaches, cantaloupe, dried dates and figs, fresh coconut, umeboshi plums, grapes, pears, raisons, grapefruit, currants, avocado, rhubarb
• Yogurt - (unsweetened and no fruit unless you add your own)
• Vegetables – Cabbage (white, red), leafy greens such as kale, spinach, collard greens, mustard greens, brussel sprouts, chineese cabbage, bok choy, carrots, onions, summer squash, hard winter squash, sweet potatoes, turnips, rutabaga, parsnips, water cress, celery, beets, beet greens, broccoli, chard greens, dandelion greens, garlic, green beans, green peas, lettuce, radishes, sprouts, tomatoes, alfalfa, cucumber, kohiraabi, pumpkin
• Sea Vegetables – Kombu, wakame, nori, dulse, arame, hijiki (also known as hiziki) These are all good anti cancer foods
• Nuts – Almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, chestnuts (roasted)
• Seeds – Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, squash seeds, sprouted seeds
• Grains – Whole grains such as brown rice, sweet brown rice, barley, millet, oats, quinoa, amaranth, Job’s tears (sometimes called pearl barley) black rice, teff, wheat
• Beans – Azuki (also spelled adzuki or aduki), soy beans, black soy beans, garbanzo beans, lentils, split peas, black eye peas
• Mushrooms – Shiitake is the best
• Fish – Salmon, mackerel, sardines (wild caught off the Pacific coast may be the safest and supply the most omega-3)
• Meat – This is not usually mentioned in foods to prevent cancer, however, if you are in good health, occasionally you may have chicken, venison, lamb, beef. Be sure it does not contain growth hormones and antibiotics. Portions should be small and not as often as most people are accustomed to. Life is meant to enjoy.
Sunshine is an important ingredient for optimum health. If you don’t have enough sunshine in your life, you're not getting enough out of life. In such a case you should be Eating foods high in Vitamin D or start Supplementing with Vitamin D.
I can’t emphasize enough that all of the above foods to prevent cancer (and more) can be eaten by any person who is still in good health. Moderation and balance is always a key.
If you suspect you may be developing a disease or know that you already have one, then you should consult with your medical doctor and I urge you strongly to see a holistic doctor and get professional guidance with your diet choices.
Let food be your medicine!
10 Most Frequented Skin Cancer Links
Best Vitamin Supplements
Our Cancer Stories are so Similar Mine and Gary's -by Valerie
Skin Cancer Warning Signs
Skin Cancer Survivor Stories
Five Signs of Skin Cancer
Actual History of Skin Cancer
Types of Skin Cancer
Support Groups for Cancer
Updated July 1, 2015
"MELANOMA : “NO BIG DEAL ” IT'S JUST SKIN CANCER!
Hi! My name is Nick and I’m 56 yrs. old and this is part of my story. Let me tell you, I was like a lot of people out there and I had no idea that skin cancer was anything bad. I had Basal cell back in 2007, but that was no big deal and it was removed and that was the end of that. No one told me that it was a type of skin cancer (I looked it up on my computer). But still no big deal, it would not kill me.
But I did know the word "Melanoma"....." --by Nick
Scared to Death!!! - by Shelly
Our Cancer Stories are so similar, mine and Gary's! - by Valerie
Ready for a healthier lifestyle?
Often you’ll need books, kitchen utensils, a juicer and other useful equipment.
Buying at Amazon is a convenient way to buy.
Low Prices - Often Shipping is FREE!
The Weather Channel has done well posting this information and photos to help you spot skin cancer, including melanoma.
It can be hard to spot, even for a professional.
The bottom line is to get an expert's opinion about any suspicious mole or lesion on your skin. If necessary, get a second opinion and/or request a biopsy. it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
Don’t put your very life at risk!